Art Attack

Went to Arts Festival Oklahoma at the OCCC campus this weekend. I had thought about doing that festival but when I found out that the OU-BYU game was being played that weekend I decided against it. After the defeat it nearly made me rethink my decision.
I did take a good look around, got to speak to one of my favorite local artists Dean Lauderdale. I have a couple of his pieces on my walls. I always enjoy a conversation with him. Also spoke to alot of good photographers, there were quite a few there. I have linked the Oklahoma ones that had a website to the links section here on this blog. Lot of talent here in Oklahoma.
Speaking of talent, the other art happening going on is the Photofest at Paseo. I attended opening night and it was pretty packed. Quite a few people make it to First Friday Art Walk at the Paseo and this exhibit was well worth the visit. My two pieces are hanging on the back wall in the corner. They look great there. Stop by the Art Space and take a gander. And while you are at it look for Sarah Knight's "Into the Mist," an excellent black and white by an artist making her first foray into the photo world.

No comments: